Monday 15 September 2014

Music Monday

Lyric Videos

What is a lyric video?

A lyric video is a video with words (& pictures) that you can see whilst listening to them. 

Why do we have lyric videos?

We have lyric videos because first of all it's the internet (what did you expect?), second of all because some people likes to watch films/videos instead of reading texts. Then third of all we have it for entertainment.

Why does people create lyric videos?

People creates lyric videos mainly for entertainment. 


My opinion is that lyric videos takes the lyrics themselves to a whole new level and it increases an understanding of the actual meaning of the song. Take me for an example, I want to learn Introducing Me from Camp Rock 2 (preformed by Nick Jonas) I find the lyric video on YouTube and this is what I see:

<- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt11Lg4MJ9I

I then memorise the lyrics by the pictures and formulations that I've seen. There are many more great examples of learning songs and this is one of them. Here are a few more lyric videos that are creative:

Katy Perry, Birthday

That's it for today's Music Monday, make sure to come back for more. I'm your writer Johanna Jay and I now say: 

Bye for now and hello for later!

//
Johanna Jay





No comments:

Post a Comment