Thursday 1 May 2014

Movie Weekend

Well, I can explain why the "-end" is off because during this week I've watched my two movies. Even though there's no holiday here in Sweden I did it because I have been sick with hayfever. If you haven't watched these movies - get ready for a few spoilers.

Nuck
Life has a way of offering a second chance but in this, kind of, sci-fi movie shows a perspective of a man who cheated on his film career. The main character, Zachary "Zach" Wells jumps in as a judge on a film school competition, thanks to his friend "the hotshot director" Topher who couldn't make it to this event. Once at the school Zach has a one-night stand, then he meets that guy at the school who is in the competition. The guy calls himself Danny Reyes, but that was also Zachs name that he used as he went to this school himself back in the day. And Dannys film is called Judas Kiss, so was Zachs when he entered the same competition.

What do you think, is Danny a younger Zach? 

Go watch it if you want the answer!

The soundtrack to this movie is really good, the composer is Brad Anthony Laina so applauds for him. 




I watched the premiere of this movie in my hometown just yesterday and it was not bad at all. For your information I did not read the book. 

Divergent is more like Die-vergent. The ones that are divergents in this movie dies if they do get revealed in the world that they live in.
This movie was tense and made me pull all kinds of faces because many things happened but it was not as tense as the movie Gravity (Sandra Bullock, George Clooney). The tense of this movie got me because the moment I saw the fights in the "district" she came to I was like "NO! D-di-do-gosh! I don't want to see this.". I *hahaha* actually wanted to get out because I didn't like what was happening in the movie but I stayed.

I cannot compare this movie with the Hunger Games because that is as my friend said "It's like comparing Harry Potter to any other wizard movie". It's incomparable. 

The soundtrack to this movie was made by Junkie XL along with the one and only Hans Zimmer who executive produced the album. Applauds for them. 

1 comment:

  1. Divergent's a really awesome movie, and the books aswell. However, like you mentioned, you cannot compare Divergent to, for example, The Hunger Games - since THG, just like Harry Potter, are "the mothers" of the wizard/dystopian-genres!

    ReplyDelete